May 7, 2023

May 1, 2023 - Dinner alone with a picture of my bride

 I walked at the park this evening, 4.5 miles, then went to eat some dinner. I scrolled thru looking for a good picture of Kristi to put across from me. I hadn't pulled this one up in a while and it is 100% her. Happy, smiling, and as her Disney button says, "I'm Celebrating Life!"

This was 7 months and a few days before she passed. She didn't look like someone that had 7 months left. We were in line to get on the brand new Guardians of the Galaxy ride at Epcot. This seems like forever ago now but it is from May 27, 2022. If you had told me then that we had 7 months left, I would not have believed you. 

Everything about this woman was perfect, except for her cancer. Her love, her compassion for others, her personality, her humor, her dedication, her faith, her wisdom, her beauty, her thoughfulness... unmatched. I miss her so much. Those happy eyes told her life story. That smile was not just for the camera - she routinely gave me that smile. She loved me unlike any person will ever love me again, which is both overwhelming and tragic.

As I said, I walked 4.5 miles this evening at about an 18 minute pace to start, and dropped to just over a 20 minute pace at the end. It had very little elevation change and my hips were already screaming at me. I'm not sure how I will do 26.3 miles. I have less than 3 weeks before the hike. I will do as much as I can. This hike is for children with critical illnesses. It's not a race. I can't even be disqualified for anything. The money has been raised by all of you so I will give it all I have. It's all I can do.



No comments:

Post a Comment