I've received individual texts and private messages as well as comments to my posts from several of you that have expressed what they have meant to you and how they have affected you. I am grateful that is happening, but as I told one good friend today, that wasn't the goal. The goal for me was to express to everyone what I will not be able to do at her celebration of life when that time comes. I will not be able to stand before you and tell all of these stories and how much I have loved and cherished my 31 years of marriage with her. I would not be able to make it thru the first few words. The impending loss of my wife will wreck me to my core, even though I know it's coming soon. It just will, and nothing will make this any easier. Anyone that is married to the love of their life knows exactly what I am talking about.
So, again I thank you for all of your comments as they indeed help me cope now and will hopefully help me when this is all over. I am going to take a couple of days and not post anything on here, so don't worry or assume the worst because I've "gone silent." You all have wonderful families, and they deserve your time and attention. I know I can speak for Kristi when I say we want you to enjoy your families the next few days and don't worry about us. We will be okay. We will reflect on our life together, try to enjoy some of our Christmas traditions (bacon and sausage bread, steak dinner, and baking a birthday cake) the best we can and really, just enjoy the silence - meaning, we don't want you taking time from your families to text or call asking how she is, or how Abby, Luke or myself are. We will be okay - we are taking care of her, and I will let you know if anything drastically changes. Enjoy YOUR Christmas and make memories. We love you all, and thank you for all the support and prayers.
Merry Christmas from the Hallmarks!
No comments:
Post a Comment