May 6, 2023

Dec 6, 2022 - This is where it all started.

 This is where it all started. 

We went to the same church (Ridgecrest Baptist in Centerpoint), in the same youth group but actually talked for the first time on a choir tour in Chicago (I think, or maybe it was Washington DC). I was a senior at Huffman High and she was a junior year at Erwin High. I shared the lead role in this choir musical called "Count the Cost" with my good friend Christian Gann , who actually befriended me in our Drafting class and asked me to come to church with him. I owe this man a lot for aiding me in not only meeting my bride to be, but in my salvation. There are many other friends from that church that helped us connect as well and you know who you are and we are forever grateful. 

I found this picture recently while looking for some important documents and a flood of memories and emotions came back to me. We were just kids. This picture was taken while we were on the choir tour mentioned above, which explains the matching outfits. She got to know this shy person by taking her blow-pop out of her mouth and sticking it to my arm in an effort to flirt with me. It worked, as usual.

We dated, quit dating, dated others and then eventually came back to what we knew was right and meant to be. I wish we could go back to this time and fix some of the things we messed up, and make better financial decisions and better choices for future plans, but really I just want to go back so I can have another 31 years with her. Tomorrow is our 31st anniversary. I have taken tomorrow off and I will be spending it with her doing and seeing whatever she wants. I pray she has energy to get out of the house and visit some places where we spent our lives together. She deserves better than the hand she has been dealt. She has raised 2 beautiful children and taught them well. She has fulfilled my every need as a wife and a best friend. She has made no enemy that I'm aware of and has impacted so many in her life, even in her suffering.

Happy Anniversary, my Bride and Joy! I love you more than you will ever know.



No comments:

Post a Comment