It's 2 months today. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 is feeling pretty great about life and my future as a widower, I'm at about a -3. I did have a productive day. A friend (Steve Courington) came over and helped me cut up some pretty large logs so I can have some wood for next winter and there's still a lot to cut. I got a few of them split and stacked today. There's so much more to do, which is good. I need to keep busy. I cut the grass, front and back, and used a push mower so I would make sure I got my miles in today. Now, I'm on the back porch watching the sunset and sitting in the "his" of the his and her Adirondack rocking chairs, listening to the cicadas in the woods behind the house, which was one of Kristi's favorite sounds while sitting out here. I'm wiped out... and it's 2 months today. I won't do this every month, I promise. It's just been heavy on me today and I've been dreading it for the last 3 days. It just wasn't the ##### plan! I hope I haven't messed up my back lifting those logs. It's an ibuprofen x 3 night for sure. Oliver says hello.



No comments:
Post a Comment