May 7, 2023

Mar 6, 2023 - She wrote me a card

 I found a card Kristi wrote to me in May of last year, about a month after having the 60lb tumor removed and feeling closer to death than she had the entire 5 years of cancer. She was really battling depression and just wanted to die. She had not given the card to me yet. It was hidden in our safe and I just happened to find it today while looking for something else. It was another "if you're reading this, that means the unthinkable has happened" note. I won't go into detail. It was personal and just to me but it contained a lot of thank you's and I love you's but the main thing was at the end:


"What a ride! I love you and I want you to be happy! Mourners suck!

Your Joy, Kristi"


Thru the tears, I was able to smile. She knew what I needed to read. Even though the tumor was removed and we were so relieved and felt we had yet another chance to beat this, deep down she knew it was just a matter of time and wanted to write something to be here for me when she couldn't really be here. I will never meet another person like her as long as I live. And for the record, I'm not making a shirt that says "Mourners suck!" It doesn't have the same uplifting message that the "SHINE" shirt has. That was meant just from her to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment