May 7, 2023

Hate and Love

I hate that cancer took you away from me.

I hate that the cancer kept coming back.

I hate how it made you feel.

I hate that your doctors had really no clue.

I hate how all of this changed us.

I hate that God did not spare you from this.

I hate that people don't get why I hate now.

I hate the loneliness.

I hate the despair.

I hate the nights and weekends.

I hate the looks and comments I get from those that don't understand.

I hate the quiet moments.

I hate walking alone.

I hate not being able to hold your hand.

I hate not hearing your voice.

I hate king sized beds now.

I hate cancer.

I hate going home after leaving your grave.

I hate that you had to suffer so much.

I hate not knowing why some prayers are answered while others seem to be ignored.

I hate the helpless feeling I had while caring for you.

I hate seeing your empty clothes in our closet.

I hate not being able to tell you this face to face.

I hate living life without you because...


I love you.

I love how you fought for me.

I love how you took care of me.

I love how you loved me.

I love the kids you gave me.

I love the life we built together.

I love the times we spent together.

I love the conversations we had.

I love how you loved your family.

I love the way you laughed.

I love your sense of humor.

I love the crazy things you did that no one else would even think of.

I love how you still wanted to date me.

I love that you never got tired of me.

I love that you were content with me.

I love that you fought cancer with all you had for us.

I love that you left me a couple of notes to help me move forward.

I love that you cared.

I love that you were loved by so many.

I love how you put everything you had into raising our children.

I love the memories of 33 years together.

I love you.

I just love you.


Kristi, the reason for my hate is because of my love. Maybe things will change, but right now, I can't help it.

4 comments:

  1. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and hugs Scott! I do have been greatly grappling with why some prayers just seem to not get answered.
    The book of Job is my constant read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. STEVEN COURINGTONMay 9, 2023 at 9:15 AM

    Brother, know that you are loved by many. We wish we could help more in your travels through this painful process but, unfortunately, we all know we will fall short in most efforts.

    ReplyDelete